Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Hadoop hardware failure recovery

Re: Hadoop hardware failure recovery
On 13 August 2012 07:55, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Note that with 2.1.0 (upcoming) and above releases of HDFS, we offer a
> working hsync() API that allows you to write files with guarantee that
> it has been written to the disk (like the fsync() *nix call).
A guarantee that the OS thinks it's been written to HDD.

For anyone using Hadoop or any other program (e.g MySQL) in a virtualized
environment , even when the OS thinks it has flushed a virtual disk -know
that you may have set some VM params to say "when we said "flush to disk"
we meant it":
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=13661