MapReduce >> mail # user >> Could not obtain block

Re: Could not obtain block
El 3/9/2011 11:09 AM, Evert Lammerts escribi�:
> I didn't mention it but the complete filesystem is reported healthy by fsck. I'm guessing that the java.io.EOFException indicates a problem caused by the load of the job.
>
> Any ideas?

It's a very tricky work to debug a MapReduce Job execution but I'll try.

java.io.EOFException: while trying to read 1981952 bytes
 >          at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockReceiver.readToBuf(BlockReceiver.java:270)
 >          at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockReceiver.readNextPacket(BlockReceiver.java:357)
 >          at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockReceiver.receivePacket(BlockReceiver.java:378)
 >          at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockReceiver.receiveBlock(BlockReceiver.java:534)
 >          at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiver.writeBlock(DataXceiver.java:417)
 >          at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiver.run(DataXceiver.java:122)
 > 2011-03-08 19:40:41,465 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: Block
blk_-9221549395563181322_4024529 unfinalized and removed.

1- Did you check this?
2- Which are the file permisions on /user/emeij/icwsm-data-test/ ?

If the fsck command gives that all is fine, really I don't know more.

Regards

--
Marcos Lu�s Ort�z Valmaseda
  Software Engineer