Pig >> mail # user >> output

PigStorage by default uses tab as field delimiter. Is 1.txt tab delimited?
If not you would need to define space as the delimiter in the constructor
during the loading - PigStorage(' ').

OR simply edit 1.txt to be tab delimited and your script should work.

The reason you see all empty fields, I believe is that the first field is
defined double. Without the right delimiter, the entire record is read as
the first field which cannot be cast to a double (instead it becomes null).