Accumulo >> mail # dev >> A discussion on scripts

A discussion on scripts
I've been mulling ideas for script rework and one idea that I've been
leaning toward is a master script that all calls go through. It's not that
different from how we operate now, just things like start all, tup, etc all
get called through a single source. This would allow a single source for
script actions against Accumulo.

Just to be clear, this doesn't mean all of the code will necessarily be in
a single location. But it does mean we can remove code duplication in our
scripts.

The biggest con is the change in behavior. Though this may not be a bad
thing since we do have a lot of scripts in bin already, so it may improve
user experience as long as we make the usage info of the new script
informative enough.

What say ye, devs?

Sent from my phone, so pardon the typos and brevity.
+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-09-26, 11:49
+
David Medinets 2012-09-26, 11:54