HBase, mail # dev - HEADSUP: Working on new 0.96.0RC

Re: HEADSUP: Working on new 0.96.0RC
Enis Söztutar 2013-10-10, 02:14
> Anyways, if you fellas can't wait anymore, just say and we'll figure out
something.
As I see it, HBASE-9563 is committed, and HBASE-9696 is not a blocker
against 0.96. But if you argue that 9696 is indeed a blocker, let's raise
it as such. There is no point in creating an RC, an immediately sinking it
if we cannot verify the RC for a +1. We don't run into data loss issues
anymore which is why I still think we can release 0.96 even without 9696
and 9724. Nothing is preventing us to release 0.96.1, with this and more
fixes in let's say a couple of weeks or months.

I guess let's wait for tomorrow to see whether there is any progress on
9563 and 9696.