Accumulo >> mail # user >> Mappers for Accumulo

+
Aji Janis 2013-03-08, 18:11
+
Mike Hugo 2013-03-08, 18:17
Re: Mappers for Accumulo
Thank you. Follow up question.

Would this enforce one mapper per range even if all the data (From three
ranges) is on one node/tablet?

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Mike Hugo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> See AccumuloInputFormat
>
> ArrayList<Range> ranges = new ArrayList<Range>();// populate array list of row ranges ...AccumuloInputFormat.setRanges(job, ranges);
>

> You should get one mapper per range.
>

> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>  I am trying to figure out how I can configure number of mappers (if its
>> even possible) based on a Accumulo row range. My accumulo rowid uses the
>> format:
>>
>> abc/1
>> abc/2
>> def/3
>> xyz/13...
>>
>> If I want to specify three ranges: [abc/1 to abc/3] , [def/1 to def 5] ,
>> [jkl/13 to klm 15]. and have one mapper work on one range, is there a way I
>> can do this?? How do I even set up my mapreduce job to accept these
>> ranges??? Thankyou for all feedback.

+
Keith Turner 2013-03-09, 00:02
+