Hadoop, mail # general - Hadoop 0.22/HBase 0.92 package repos are now available

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-09-28, 00:13
Re: Hadoop 0.22/HBase 0.92 package repos are now available
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-09-28, 01:26
I have committed HDFS-1943 to 0.22 so this problem should go away.

Cos

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 05:13PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> For all those of you who would want to help with testing
> Hadoop 0.22 release, I've setup a job on Bigtop to
> produce an entire Hadoop stack on top of 0.22.
>
> The good news is that it is now super simple to give it
> all a spin. If you are on Ubuntu/Debian you can try:
>    $ cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d
>    $ sudo wget -O bigtop.list
> http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-hadoop22-ubuntu-lucid/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/output/bigtop.list
>    $ sudo apt-get update
>    $ sudo apt-get install 'hadoop*' 'hbase*'
> and if you're on RedHat/CentOS:
>    $ cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
>    $ sudo wget -O bigtop.repo
> http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-hadoop22-centos5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/output/bigtop.repo
>    $ yum install 'hadoop*' 'hbase*'
>
> The bad news is that so far we only have HBase compiling against .22
> and the Hadoop itself seems to be in need of some tweaks. E.g.:
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2377
>
> That said, after manually patching /usr/lib/hadoop/bin/hdfs and doing:
>   # for i in /etc/init.d/hadoop-* ; do $i start ; done
>
> I now have Hadoop 0.22 and HBase 0.92 to play with!
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
+
J. Rottinghuis 2011-09-28, 04:55