Zookeeper, mail # user - sometimes I can't read data I just wrote..race condition or misunderstanding?

sometimes I can't read data I just wrote..race condition or misunderstanding?
Brian Tarbox 2014-03-04, 15:22
We're running a five node cluster in AWS and sometimes if I do a read
immediately after doing a write ZK does not find the data I just wrote.

I may just have a flawed model but is this a case of "writes go to the
master, while reads can go to any node in the cluster?".  We are thinking
that perhaps our write went to the master and then our read went to a
follower that hadn't gotten the write yet?

Along the same lines...when does a watch fire?  After the leader has the
change or after all followers have gotten the change?

Any insights would be appreciated, thanks.

Brian
http://about.me/BrianTarbox