I'm resurrecting this thread now that 3.4.6 is out the door. I'm assuming that we might do a 3.4.7 at some point, but that shouldn't hold up releasing a 3.5.0.
We discussed a number of good ideas previously in this thread wrt what we should do for 3.5.0. Any further thoughts?
A big part of the planning will be to clean up Jira and figuring out what we need to finish. I'll start looking at that but if anyone else has any ideas of can clean up jiras they are familiar with it would be helpful.
This is awesome! I'll go over the ones I've been involved with but happy to help review & test out any other issues - just lemme know :-) -rgs On 20 March 2014 13:32, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I see some great progress in closing out jiras. Kudos all. We currently have 12 blockers for 3.5.0, 5 are listed as PA. Let's keep plugging away on these.
The CI environment has gone a bit red of late. On my personal servers I'm seeing it mostly in "startSingleServerTest" though, so perhaps it's localized. Would be good to nail down the flakey tests. I'll try looking into this more (what the flakeys are) and report back. Apache CI seems a bit unstable of late (the jenkins env I mean)
I'm thinking we might start creating some Alpha releases, e.g. zookeeper-3.5.0-alpha so that we can get the code into folks hands. They can try it out and give us feedback. It would be alpha quality though, not for production. APIs and new functionality might still change in a non-backward compatible way. We could do this even though we still have some blockers remaining. Once all the blockers are resolved we could move to "beta" status. The APIs, etc... would then be locked. Once things settle out during the beta cycle we could then move off "beta". We'd only make 3.5 "stable" once we feel comfortable with it's quality and after collecting feedback from the community. This is basically what we did for 3.4 branch (and similar to what some other projects do). What do you think?
On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Michi Mutsuzaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Agree, sounds like a great plan to me as well. Once we get an alpha release we can do some internal stress testing against it in our lab to help give higher confidence of its quality. On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 11:19 PM, Michi Mutsuzaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
All projects made searchable here are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Service operated by Sematext