Zookeeper, mail # dev - release manager for 3.5.0

+
Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés 2014-02-06, 17:27
Re: release manager for 3.5.0
Patrick Hunt 2014-02-06, 17:45
On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Raul, while we welcome your help only committers on an Apache
project can be RMs. Also, I signed up for being the RM for 3.5 some
time back, we've just been waiting for 3.4.6 to settle before really
pushing on that. This is also why you've seen me moving some of the
3.5 related jiras forward. (there's a list around somewhere the last
time we discussed this, I'll see if I can find it.. here it is
http://markmail.org/message/dob33gq4rjujjs4y). That said you've been
doing a great job and I don't want to discourage you from further
help. We will really need it to get this next major (well technical
minor, but you know what I mean) release out. I'm really excited to
see some of our new features ship.
That's great. Please do. Likely we will do an number of "alpha"
releases, then some "beta" releases before having a "stable" 3.5.x.
This is what we've done historically (or at least that's what we did
with 3.4).
Cleaning up and such is certainly good to start. However let's focus
our efforts on supporting Flavio and getting 3.4.6 finalized. Then I
will start to ramp up the call for action for 3.5.0+.

Regards,

Patrick