Zookeeper >> mail # user >> zookeeper watch limitation

Re: zookeeper watch limitation
in the section you are referring to we are pointing out that sometimes you
can reduce the load on ZooKeeper if you avoid waking up the herd when you
don't have to. waking up 1000 processes so that one of them can become
leader is an unnecessary cost, but if you want everyone to know about a
change then it is perfectly ok. you will see a spike in load, but it is a
needed spike. 2000 simultaneous reads is really not a problem at all. our
initial design point (years ago) was 10,000 in a second, but we have far
exceeded that performance goal.

ben