Flume >> mail # user >> how to implement a tail or tailDir of flume-ng on windows?

+
周梦想 2013-02-21, 03:37
+
dan young 2013-02-21, 05:01
Re: how to implement a tail or tailDir of flume-ng on windows?
Hi Dan,
the spooling directory have to change file name, not suite to sending event
to flume while writing logs to the log file at the same time. Isn't it ?

thanks,
andy

2013/2/21 dan young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Have you checked out the spooling directory? That's what we moved to, from
> tail....
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan
> On Feb 20, 2013 8:38 PM, "周梦想" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> hello,
>>
>> there isn't tail or tailDir source of flume-ng.
>> exec source can run tail command on linux.
>> but there is not a tail command on windows. So I have to write some code
>> to do the same work.
>> I want to read a file and if there is new lines of a  file, it sends the
>> lines to flume-ng.
>>
>> some one give me some advice?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andy