 From: Kai Londenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:51 AM
Subject: Re: pig 0.11 candidate 2 feedback: Several problems

Hi,

I stronly agree with Jonathan here. If there are good reasons why you
can't support an older version of Hadoop any more, that's one thing.
But having to change 2 lines of code doesn't really qualify as such in
my point of view ;)

At least for me, pig support for 0.20.2 is essential - without it, I
can't use it. If it doesn't support it, I'll have to branch pig and
hack it myself, or stop using it.

I guess, there are a lot of people still running 0.20.2 Clusters. If
you really have lots of data stored on HDFS and a continuously busy
cluster, an upgrade is nothing you do "just because".