Hadoop >> mail # general >> where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?

+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-11, 21:20
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-11, 21:36
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-12, 08:55
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-12, 21:35
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-12, 21:51
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-12, 22:09
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-13, 09:44
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-02-13, 20:07
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-14, 14:05
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2013-03-01, 05:02
Re: where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?
On 1 March 2013 05:02, Eric Baldeschwieler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree with where this is going.
>
> Swift and S3 are compelling enough that they should be in the source tree
> IMO.  Hadoop needs to play well with common platforms such as the major
> clouds.
>
> On the other hand, it would be great if we could segregate them enough
> that each builds is its own JAR and folks have the option of not pulling
> their dependancies in and not building / testing them in a clean way.

I've added a JIRA on setting up a bit of the src tree and subproject(s) for
these : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9385

Test plans go into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9361, which
can evolve at  different rate

-Steve