Hadoop, mail # general - where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?

Re: where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?
Steve Loughran 2013-03-08, 14:43
On 1 March 2013 05:02, Eric Baldeschwieler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree with where this is going.
>
> Swift and S3 are compelling enough that they should be in the source tree
> IMO.  Hadoop needs to play well with common platforms such as the major
> clouds.
>
> On the other hand, it would be great if we could segregate them enough
> that each builds is its own JAR and folks have the option of not pulling
> their dependancies in and not building / testing them in a clean way.

I've added a JIRA on setting up a bit of the src tree and subproject(s) for
these : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9385

Test plans go into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9361, which
can evolve at  different rate

-Steve