Zookeeper, mail # user - How to create parent znodes and its children znodes through zkconsole?

+
Techy Teck 2013-10-29, 03:49
+
Techy Teck 2013-10-29, 03:53
Re: How to create parent znodes and its children znodes through zkconsole?
Techy Teck 2013-10-29, 15:47
Can anyone help me on this question? Thanks for the help..
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Techy Teck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Attaching an image on this email thread, if image is not clear on my
> earlier email..
>

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Techy Teck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> I recently started working with Zookeeper so I am trying to clear my
>> understanding on znodes and zookeeper as well.. I am trying to create znode
>> architecture something like in my below image -
>>

>> I am wondering what does black color slash means here? It's the top znode
>> in the Zookeeper? Whenever I start the zkConsole, and I do `ls /`, I always
>> see [zookeeper] in the list of znodes.. So this black color slash is the
>> zookeeper node here, which I always get when I do `ls /` ?
>>
>> Secondly, when we create znodes, how do I create persistent znodes?
>> something like this should be fine for creating persistent nodes -
>>
>>     create /te
>>
>> And here in my diagram I have children of `te` as `v1` and `colo`, so I
>> will be creating znodes as `/te/v1` and `/te/colo`? If yes, then why not,
>> we can create znodes as `/v1` and `/colo`, why we always prepend the parent
>> names with child nodes here?sx
>>
>> Sorry if I am asking dumb question here.. I have already read zookeeper
>> tutorial so I got some basic question on it.. Any help will be appreciated
>> on this.. Thanks..

+
Patrick Hunt 2013-11-04, 23:30