MapReduce >> mail # user >> Read namenode data from primary memory

Re: Read namenode data from primary memory
if you do not put namenode in safemode that means your namenode can still
accept request to write or delete files from hdfs. This may cause your
snapshot to be a problematic in case you want to restore from it. Safemode
is just an ensuring point that you have a standstill image to snapshot.

--
Nitin Pawar