Hive >> mail # dev >> ant test dependency

ant test dependency
Hi Hive gurus,

It seems that "ant test" actually depends on "ant package" but not
correctly set in build.xml.

Basically "ant test" depends on classes under build/dist/lib created by
"ant package", which makes "ant test" fail on a fresh checkout.

More details:

In build-common.xml, the target "set-test-classpath" has the following
piece of code:

<!-- Include build/dist/lib on the classpath before Ivy and exclude hive
jars from Ivy to make sure we get the local changes when we test Hive -->
      <fileset dir="${build.dir.hive}/dist/lib" includes="*.jar"
erroronmissingdir="false"
excludes="**/hive_contrib*.jar,**/hive-contrib*.jar,**/lib*.jar"/>

but the test target doesn't depend on package thus the breakage.

Is this intended or am I missing anything here?

Thanks,
Feng