HBase >> mail # user >> ResultCode.NEXT_ROW and scans with batching enabled

+
David Koch 2013-01-23, 00:13
Re: ResultCode.NEXT_ROW and scans with batching enabled
Take a look at StoreScanner#next():

        ScanQueryMatcher.MatchCode qcode = matcher.match(kv);

          case SEEK_NEXT_ROW:

            // This is just a relatively simple end of scan fix, to
short-cut end

            // us if there is an endKey in the scan.

            if (!matcher.moreRowsMayExistAfter(kv)) {

              return false;

            }

            reseek(matcher.getKeyForNextRow(kv));

            break;
Cheers

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM, David Koch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In a scan, when a filter's filterKeyValue method returns
> ReturnCode.NEXT_ROW - does it actually skip to the next row or just the
> next batch, provided of course batching is enabled? Where in the HBase
> source code can I find out about this?
>
> I spent some time looking at HRegion.java to get to grips with how
> filterRow works (or not) when batching is enabled. In HBase 0.92
> hasFilterRow has not been overridden for certain filters which effectively
> do filter out rows (SingleColumnValueFilter for example). Thus, these
> filters do not generate a warning when used with a batched scan which -
> while risky - provides the needed filtering in some cases. This has been
> fixed for subsequent versions (at least 0.96) so I need to re-implement
> custom filters which use this "effect".
>
> Thanks,
>
> /David

+