Pig >> mail # dev >> How to selectively ship a class and its dependencies?

+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-07-20, 17:07
Re: How to selectively ship a class and its dependencies?
You could look at the class bytecode and see what other classes it depends
on recursively and then ship only those classes.
That's assuming nothing uses reflection to load classes and instantiate
them.
Julien

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Jonathan Coveney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I think we already have this code, but I'm not sure.
>
> On the frontend, is there a way to say "Ship this class file, and
> everything it depends on?" I ask this because I'm considering an
> optimization using primitive collections, and most of the primitive
> collection frameworks are pretty large (because they have to cover all
> cases), but we would only need to actually ship a small subset of that. I'm
> wondering how baked our methodology to do this is.
>
> Thanks!
> Jon

+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-07-21, 08:51