MapReduce, mail # dev - Problem getting the code from SVN

Re: Problem getting the code from SVN
Tom White 2011-08-22, 16:27
On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Seems like it has been broken in the recent re-shuffle of the workspace due to
> the maven changes. This external now lives under hadoop-common, apparently.

It's actually still under common, however it's no longer needed for
HDFS since it has been replaced by test-patch.sh in dev-support. I'll
file a ticket to remove the externals.

> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 07:20PM, Praveen Sripati wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I try to get the code from svn, I get the below error.
>>
>> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk/
>>
>> A    trunk/hadoop-mapreduce/bin/mapred-config.sh
>> A    trunk/hadoop-mapreduce/bin/stop-mapred.sh
>> A    trunk/hadoop-mapreduce/bin/mapred
>> A    trunk/hadoop-mapreduce/bin/start-mapred.sh
>> A    trunk/hadoop-project
>> A    trunk/hadoop-project/pom.xml
>>  U   trunk
>>
>> Fetching external item into 'trunk/hadoop-hdfs/src/test/bin'
>> svn: warning: OPTIONS of '
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk/common/src/test/bin':
>> Could not resolve hostname `svn.apache.org': No address associated with
>> hostname (https://svn.apache.org)

Is this a DNS issue?

Cheers,
Tom