Zookeeper >> mail # user >> ZK as Configuration Service

Re: ZK as Configuration Service
Christopher Schmidt:
> Hi all, we plan to use Zookeeper and I wonder if there is a Java framework
> out there to use ZK as a central configuration service (holding paths,
> locations, settings or what ever)?
>
> regards Christopher
Hi Christopher,

if you don't need strong guarentees but just a central place for config, then
I'd suggest to take something simpler then ZK. How about a git repo mirrored
on a couple of machines?
Or just plain old DNS?
At my former workplace a lot of config went into plain text DNS fields.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro