Hadoop >> mail # dev >> datanode to blocks mapping

Re: datanode to blocks mapping
Selwa,

I'm glad I could help. I suggest you import the source code in an IDE (we
use Eclipse) and navigate around it. The outline view in Eclipse is a
lifesaver :)

BlocksMap does not seem to have that API. I would try FSNamesystem on the
namenode. On the client side, the DFSClient class is what opens a file (and
takes care of all the block-mapping).

Hope this helps,
Ravi.