MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-25, 03:48
+
Sangjin Lee 2013-05-25, 17:01
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-30, 15:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-30, 17:57
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 18:52
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-30, 22:11
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 22:52
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-05-30, 23:08
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 23:16
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-30, 17:58
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-30, 20:48
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 21:39
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-30, 22:18
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 22:25
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-31, 00:30
Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 05:30PM, Chris Douglas wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > There's no plans to release anything else at this point - this is a bug-fix
> > release, as I pointed out on a numerous occasions. There's no new features -
> > just 2 fixes.
>
> If you're worried about extending the voting by a week, I don't think
> anyone can reasonably object to a truncated schedule if the only
> change is the version number. Downstream fixes discovered in Bigtop
> are a sufficient reason for a patch release and I think we'd all like
> them to become routine. Not just in 2.0.x, but in later release
> branches.

I have no issues of changing the version to 2.0.5-alpha and restarting to vote
for the release content, e.g. 2 bug fixes. Shall I call 3 days re-vote because
of the number change?

> > 2.0.5 matter became and still is too controversial at some point. The vote
> > started by Arun to override the results of the Konstantin's vote never been
> > closed.
>
> For the nth time, neither release plan vote was binding. We recently
> amended the bylaws to eliminate this confusion. There is no ambiguity
> between votes when neither is in scope.

Does the result of bylaw vote nullifies the unfinished vote started by Arun?
Sorry, I am dense, apparently.

> > The downstream projects are handing in the middle of the air because
> > of that confusion.
>
> Can we please ground our discussion when discussing compatibility and
> bugs? Breathless alarm is not proportional to the severity, here.

Good point. Can we limit the vote thread to the merits of the release then?

> > Have I missed something or you just called me a cheater and a lair right to my face?
>
> I called you neither. The prenominate votes were closed, counted, and
> declared to be binding over objections. I'm annoyed that I have to
> toggle my vote to prevent that tactic, but based on recent experience
> I don't expect you to forgo it. I'd be happy to learn my caution is
> unnecessary. -C

That sound like adding an insult to injury, if my forth-language skills do not
mislead me.

Cos

+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-30, 19:38