Hive, mail # user - Issue with Oracle Hive Metastore (SEQUENCE_TABLE)

Issue with Oracle Hive Metastore (SEQUENCE_TABLE)
Raj Hadoop 2013-07-03, 20:22
Hi,

When I installed Hive earlier on my machine I used a oracle hive meta script. Please find attached the script. HIVE worked fine for me on this box with no issues.

I am trying to install Hive on another machine in a different Oracle metastore. I executed the meta script but I am having issues with my hive on second box.

$ hive
WARNING: org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter is deprecated. Please use org.apache.hadoop.log.metrics.EventCounter in all the log4j.properties files.
Logging initialized using configuration in jar:file:/software/hadoop/hive/hive-0.9.0/lib/hive-common-0.9.0.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
Hive history file=/tmp/hadoop/hive_job_log_hadoop_201307031616_605717324.txt
hive> show tables;
FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOException: Couldnt obtain a new sequence (unique id) : ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
NestedThrowables:
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

I found the difference between the two meta stores and one table is missing in it. The table is SEQUENCE_TABLE. I do not know whether this table will be created automatically by Hive or should it be in the script.I dont remember what I did earlier and I am assuming I used the same script. Can any one had this issue earlier ? Please advise.

Also, Where to get the hive 0.9 oracle meta script?

Thanks,
Raj
+
Darren Yin 2013-07-03, 21:16