Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Abandon the HDFS proxy contrib component

+
Eli Collins 2011-07-20, 21:26
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-07-20, 21:42
+
Owen OMalley 2011-07-20, 21:45
+
Eli Collins 2011-07-20, 21:49
+
Owen OMalley 2011-07-20, 21:50
+
Eli Collins 2011-07-20, 21:55
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-07-20, 22:03
+
Eli Collins 2011-07-20, 22:12
+
Jakob Homan 2011-07-20, 22:16
Re: [VOTE] Abandon the HDFS proxy contrib component
+1 let's get rid of it for Pete's sake

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 03:16PM, Jakob Homan wrote:
> This code has been broken for a long time and, while it's still in use
> in some companies, they've had a long time to offer fixes.
>
> +1 on abandoning it.
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> ═ ═ ═ ═That'd remove large chunks of hadoop.
> >>

> > We've made good progress removing broken / unmaintained code from
> > Hadoop. ═Common no longer contains any contrib projects. And HDFS is
> > down to two (hdfs proxy and fuse-dfs, and the latter is actually
> > maintained, by myself and others).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Eli

+