Accumulo, mail # dev - [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4

+
Josh Elser 2013-09-18, 02:59
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-18, 03:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-18, 03:19
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-19, 02:38
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 13:56
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-18, 14:28
+
Christopher 2013-09-18, 18:09
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-18, 15:24
+
Christopher 2013-09-19, 14:15
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 14:22
+
Christopher 2013-09-19, 15:15
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 15:28
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 15:33
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-20, 16:09
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-19, 15:40
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-23, 02:42
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-24, 23:14
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-25, 01:15
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 18:05
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 19:10
Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4 RC2
Keith Turner 2013-09-25, 19:37
On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> MD5s and SHA1s look good, and so does the GPG signatures.
>
> I saw the following issues:
>
> 1) No javadoc jar (should be defined in the "apache-release" profile).
> 2) Tarball looks like it isn't using gnu tar format. This could cause
> problems with long filenames on some systems. You need the following
> in your pluginManagement section:
>         <plugin>
>           <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>           <artifactId>maven-assembly-plugin</artifactId>
>           <configuration>
>             <tarLongFileMode>gnu</tarLongFileMode>
>           </configuration>
>         </plugin>
> (I really don't know why that isn't the default. This might be
> addressed with the "apache-release" profile)
> 3) What's the deal with the #set lines at the top of the file? What do
> these do? Are these needed? Because ShellExample.java is missing them.
> Is that expected?
> 4) There appears to be two distinct READMEs. Would it be better to
> consolidate them?

I think not.  One is directed to someone building the archetype and one to
someone using the archetype. I think it saves end users time to split them.
> 5) There appears to be a discrepancy between the LICENSE and NOTICE
> files that are in the project and the archetype-resources. I'd expect
> them to be the same.
> 6) I can't see the commit you referenced above, because it hasn't been
> pushed. You should push it in another branch, if you don't want to tag
> it, so I can compare the source in that commit with the contents of
> the tarball, before it's actually tagged as "1.4.4" upon vote success.
> 7) It looks like the release plugin put in the wrong tag name
> ("1.4.4-RC2" instead of "1.4.4").
> 8) I think the attaching sources is redundant, because it's configured
> in the parent POM's "apache-release" profile.
>
> Overall, -1, due to the above issues (though they are all minor, they add
> up).

Which issues do you think must be fixed?

> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>

> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Devs,
> >
> > Please consider the following candidate project as a "sister" release to
> > Apache Accumulo 1.4.4: Apache Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4
> >
> > Staging repo:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-089/
> > Source tarball:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-089/org/apache/accumulo/instamo-archetype/1.4.4/instamo-archetype-1.4.4-source-release.tar.gz
> > Git tag: 56e3c674674dc2521a76dce2466360b1f82ca0ea (1.4.4-RC2)
> >
> > This release has improvements over the last release candidate:
> >
> > 1) Update archetype's pom to the most recent Apache pom
> > 2) Generates source-release zip and tarball automatically
> > 3) Don't push changes on release:prepare
> >
> > This vote is open for 72hrs.
> >
> > - Josh

+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 19:45