Hadoop >> mail # general >> Status of 2.0.4-alpha release

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-04-03, 22:29
Re: Status of 2.0.4-alpha release

Great news! We can go forward with releasing 2.0.4-alpha now, thanks!

+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli

On Apr 3, 2013, at 3:29 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Thanks to the tireless work of the Bigtop and Hadoop committers
> we've made quite a bit of progress on 2.0.4-alpha. The build
> pipeline that we've setup seems to be rather nice (and perhaps
> could be utilized for all future releases of Hadoop). The first
> stage of the pipeline is available here:
>    https://builds.apache.org/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-branch-2.0.4/
> and the second one over here:
>    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-Hadoop/
>
> Anybody who's interested in helping with a release is more than
> welcome to get either tarballs or packages from these 2 jobs.
>
> As far as testing is concerned we're now completely unblocked
> for both unsecure and fully kerberized testing modes and Bigtop
> is proceeding with the rest of the testing process. We've got
> 4 unit test failures left:
>    https://builds.apache.org/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-branch-2.0.4/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
> which I'm going to file JIRAs for.
>
> Given that I don't see any current showstoppers in ASF JIRA
> and hoping that the rest of Bigtop testing doesn't discover
> anything major do you guys think we can release sometime
> next week?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

+
Hitesh Shah 2013-04-04, 20:53
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-04-04, 21:27
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-04, 21:30
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-04-04, 22:18
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-10, 01:33
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-10, 02:03
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-04-10, 02:26