Flume >> mail # user >> Cloudera Flume user guide doesn't cover HBase sinks

+
Soo Kim 2012-10-08, 01:50
Re: Cloudera Flume user guide doesn't cover HBase sinks
I believe that the reason is simple. This page seems to be documenting flume version 1.1.0, however hbase sinks were added in flume version 1.2.0.

Flume version 1.2.0 (with hbase sinks) is part of CDH4.1 and CDH3u5.

Jarcec

On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 10:50:31AM +0900, Soo Kim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm referencing Cloudera Flume NG user guide:
>
> http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume-ng-1.1.0-cdh3u4/FlumeUserGuide.html#h.zgdy9oll30mx
>
> One thing I wonder is the page doesn't include HBase sinks (HBaseSink,
> AsyncHBaseSink).
>
> Is there any reason that Cloudera don't cover them?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Soo Philip Jason Kim
+