Accumulo, mail # dev - Accumulo 1.4.3 RPM

+
Andres Danter 2013-07-07, 01:21
Re: Accumulo 1.4.3 RPM
Christopher 2013-07-07, 22:11
The ARCH for the 1.4.3 RPM is amd64 instead of x86_64. I'm guessing
that's why you're seeing this problem. RPM will still install the
1.4.3 RPM, but YUM doesn't like it.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Andres Danter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I ran into an odd problem and was wondering if anyone could verify a
> possible issue.
>
> I tried setting up a local yum repository that contains only the RPM for
> Accumulo 1.4.3.  I created a file in /etc/yum.repos.d called local.repo.
> It contains the following:
>
> [localrepo]
> name=localrepo
> baseurl=file:///var/www/html/localrepo
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=0
>
> I placed the RPM in /var/www/html/localrepo/accumulo/
>
> Then I ran the following command:
>
> createrepo /var/www/html/localrepo
>
> Then I ran the following:
>
> repoquery -q --repoid=localrepo -a
>
> Which returned nothing.  It should have listed the Accumulo RPM.
>
> I then replaced the 1.4.3 RPM with the 1.5.0 RPM and ran the following
> command:
>
> createrepo --update /var/www/html/localrepo
>
> Then I ran:
>
> yum clean all
>
> Then I re-ran:
>
> repoquery -q --repoid=localrepo -a
>
> This time the command returned:
>
> accumulo-0:1.5.0-1.noarch
>
> I was even able to install the Accumulo 1.5.0 RPM using Yum.  I was unable
> to do that with the 1.4.3 RPM.
>
> So has anyone ever successfully set up a repository with the 1.4.3 RPM?
> Does anyone have any clue as to why one RPM is seen by Yum and the other is
> not?  I figured it has to do with the metadata that is created when the RPM
> is built, but I don't have any insight beyond that.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andres
+
Andres Danter 2013-07-08, 00:10