Hive >> mail # user >> Possible to set map/reduce log level in configuration file?

+
Krishna Rao 2012-12-14, 10:35
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-12-14, 10:44
+
Ted Reynolds 2012-12-14, 17:10
Re: Possible to set map/reduce log level in configuration file?
Thanks for the replies.

I went for the hiverc option. Unfortunately, with the verion of hive I'm
using, it meant I had to place the file in a bin directory. Our sys admin
was not pleased, but it look's like that issue is fixed in a later version
of Hive (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2911)!

On 14 December 2012 17:10, Ted Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Krishna,
>
> You can also set these properties in the mapred-site.xml, but this would
> require a restart of your cluster.
>
> Ted.
>
> Ted Reynolds
> Technical Support Engineer
> Hortonworks
> Work Phone: 408-645-7079
>
> <http://hortonworks.com/download/>
>

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> if you want this to be set at every query you execute best would have a
>> hiverc file and then include it as hive -i hiverc
>>
>> alternatively, you can create a .hiverc into your home directory and set
>> the parameters you want, these will be included in each session
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Krishna Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> is it possible to set: mapreduce.map.log.level &
>>> mapreduce.reduce.log.level, within some config file?
>>>
>>> At the moment I have to remember to set these at the start of a hive
>>> session, or script.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Krishna
>>>

>> --
>> Nitin Pawar

+
Mark Grover 2012-12-18, 02:05
+
Krishna Rao 2012-12-18, 10:15
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-12-18, 04:59