Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta

+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-04-26, 01:36
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-26, 18:02
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-04-26, 23:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-27, 01:06
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-04-30, 23:28
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-01, 20:15
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-01, 23:08
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-02, 01:24
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-02, 07:07
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-02, 09:11
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-03, 00:53
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-02, 09:08
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-02, 22:05
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-03, 08:06
+
Robert Evans 2013-05-03, 15:23
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-01, 19:13
+
Arpit Agarwal 2013-04-26, 23:52
+
Amir Sanjar 2013-04-26, 02:23
+
Steve Loughran 2013-04-29, 22:37
+
Amir Sanjar 2013-04-30, 02:05
+
Steve Loughran 2013-04-30, 16:48
+
Amir Sanjar 2013-04-30, 17:09
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-04-26, 02:31
Re: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta

On Apr 25, 2013, at 7:31 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> With that in mind, I really want to make a serious push to lock down APIs and wire-protocols for hadoop-2.0.5-beta.
>> Thus, we can confidently support hadoop-2.x in a compatible manner in the future. So, it's fine to add new features,
>> but please ensure that all APIs are frozen for hadoop-2.0.5-beta
>
> Arun, since it sounds like you have a pretty definite idea
> in mind for what you want 'beta' label to actually mean,
> could you, please, share the exact criteria?

Sorry, I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but, as I mentioned above, the primary aim would be make the final set of required API/write-protocol changes so that we can call it a 'beta' i.e. once 2.0.5-beta ships users & downstream projects can be confident about forward compatibility in hadoop-2.x line. Obviously, we might discover a blocker bug post 2.0.5 which *might* necessitate an unfortunate change - but that should be an outstanding exception.

Hope that helps.

thanks,
Arun
+