HBase, mail # dev - recent 0.94 failures

+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-24, 04:03
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-24, 04:07
Re: recent 0.94 failures
Ted Yu 2013-01-24, 04:34
I ran the tests 4 rounds and they all passed:
 1046  ~/runtest.sh 4
TestLruBlockCache,TestMiniClusterLoadParallel,TestLruBlockCache,TestCompactionState,TestRSKilledWhenMasterInitializing

FYI

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Lars:
> Here is what I put in HBASE-7638:
>
> Sergey and I looked at the patch.
> There is no potential for NullPointerException similar to what HBASE-7268
> addendum fixes.
> See deleteCachedLocation():
> {code}
>           if (oldLocation != null) {
>             isStaleDelete = (source != null) &&
> !oldLocation.equals(source);
> {code}
> I also ran the tests that failed in recent 0.94 builds and they all passed:
>
>  1041  mt -Dtest=TestLruBlockCache,TestMiniClusterLoadParallel
>  1042  mt -Dtest=TestLruBlockCache
>  1043  mt -Dtest=TestCompactionState
>  1044  mt -Dtest=TestRSKilledWhenMasterInitializing
>
> I would also loop the above tests to see if I can get test failure.
>
> I understand it is important to have a green 0.94 build. So whether / what
> to roll back is up to you.
>
> Cheers
>

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:03 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-0.94/
>>

>> Prime suspects are: HBASE-7599 (Devaraj), and HBASE-7638 (Sergey).
>> If anybody has any ideas.
>>
>> Otherwise I'll start with reverting these changes.
>>
>> -- Lars

+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-24, 05:26
+