Flume >> mail # user >> why flume agent do not support --fileheader

Re: why flume agent do not support --fileheader
Hi yogi,

It seems there are no common methods.

for spooldir source, you can setagent1.sources.gamelog.fileHeader=true
and agent1.sources.gamelog.fileHeaderKey=fullfilename get fullpath of the
file. but I don't know how to get filename from fullpath just using
configuration.

if the file name is not changing and file numbers not so much,maybe you can
using  interceptor to configure some file name info.

Best Regards,
Andy

2013/2/23 Yogi Nerella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
>
> I want to ship various types of files from one agent to another agent, and
> a destination agent should rewrite them to the same filename as the source
> filename.
>
> Like a simple FTP source to FTP destination, but I need it via flume
> because I want to do some intercepting and processing?   Is there any
> simple configuration for it?   Or Flume cannot support such functionality?
>
> Thanks,
> Yogi
>

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:36 AM, 周梦想 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> ok,I see.
>>

>> 2013/2/22 Juhani Connolly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>>>  Sounds like a job for an editor macro or a simple script.
>>>
>>> Perhaps someone else can think of something else, but adding it to the
>>> command line isn't feasible... If we started throwing random convenient
>>> stuff there it would quickly become a mess
>>>

>>> On 02/22/2013 01:30 PM, 周梦想 wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes,I mean all event headers send from a specific agent. some headers
>>> need for all events, not only hostname. now I have to configure it on every
>>> source time and time again.
>>> for example:
>>> if i configure 10 sources, every source need 5 header,  I have to
>>> configure 50 times.
>>> other configure of the same type source have the same problem.
>>>
>>>  eg:
>>> agent1.sources =gamelog src1 src2 ... src10
>>>
>>>  agent1.sources.gamelog.fileSuffix=.fin
>>> agent1.sources.gamelog.fileHeader=true
>>> agent1.sources.gamelog.fileHeaderKey=fullfilename
>>> agent1.sources.gamelog.batchSize=100
>>> agent1.sources.gamelog.bufferMaxLines=1000