Yep, we are on the same page
for this proposal the bookie will be a sort of "proxy" between the client
and the actual ledger manager implementation which will "live" inside the
bookie
it is only a new ledger manager to be used in clients, this ledger manager
will issue RPCs (or kind of "streaming" RPCs) to a list of bookies

Sorry. Maybe my curiosity is not clear.
If you have multiple bookies and each bookie holds its own version of
metadata, how do you coordinate them ? which will be the source of truth ?
Maybe we should start a new email thread in the future to talk about
"alternative distributed metadata storages"

Any way the meaning and the scope of the proposal is clear to me and I am
really OK with it, I hope it will get soon approved

-- Enrico