From: Sijie Guo
Date: 2018-07-12 00:40
To: user; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Ack mode of individual pulsar
+users@pulsar

In the context of pulsar, when a consumer acks a message, it doesn¡¯t remove entries from bookkeeper. Instead, for each subscription at pulsar, pulsar brokers use a separate ledger for storing the acknowledgments for each subscription. When a broker receives individual acks, it writes an entry to the cursor ledger marking that message as acknowledged, when the cursor ledgers move beyond the data ledger, broker deletes the data ledger.

If ack failed, brokers will try to redeliver the unacked messages after acks timeout. This is configured as ackTimeout when you construct a consumer instance.

Hope this helps.

Sijie