Thanks Sijie
I will do my best.

I can try to separate:
1) protocol changes (protobuf)
2) new client side API
3) LAC protocol changes bookie side changes
4) additional tests

Actually I already have a private work-in-progress branch with the full
stack, I will finish to implement the document and the split into pieces.

b.q.
I left one comment on the doc about the retention of the SyncCounter on the
bookie side

-- Enrico