HBase >> mail # dev >> VOTE: hbase-0.95.1 release candidate 0 is available for download

+
Stack 2013-05-27, 22:21
Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95.1 release candidate 0 is available for download
This file is bad:

http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.95.1RC0/hbase-0.95.1-hadoop2-bin.tar.gz

The checksum doesn't match and I can't extract it.

J-D

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here is our first 0.95.1 release candidate.  Should we put this out
> as 0.95.1?
>
> Since this 0.95.1 is a "Development" Series release [1], lets keep the vote
> period short.  Please vote by this friday, May 31st.
>
> 0.95.1 will be the second in our 0.95 "Development" Series of releases [1].
> The 0.95.x Development releases are previews of the coming Summer
> Blockbuster, 0.96.0, our next major release intended to replace
> the current 0.94 series.
>
> Development series releases are not for production.  They are preview, raw
> releases that have been barely-tested put out early so developers and the
> interested can get some early exposure to what is coming down the pipe.
> Putting out these 'rough cuts' helps to get the feedback started earlier
> while the release is still baking.  See [1] for more on our development
> series phenomenon.
>
> The release artifacts may be downloaded from:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.95.1RC0/
>
> Over 215 issues have been closed since we put out 0.95.0 [2].
>
> All feedback is welcome.  We'd be interested in getting comments on
> everything from the packaging, layout, through documentation, UI, and of
> course,
> any bugs found.  I deployed SNAPSHOTs to maven and would particularly like
> to hear from downstream projects on whether our maven packaging is
> palatable.
>
> Thanks,
> St.Ack
>
> 1. http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.versioning