Flume >> mail # user >> Log4JAppender Sink Groups

+
Cameron Gandevia 2012-11-27, 03:16
Re: Log4JAppender Sink Groups
That can also be accomplished with the FailoverRPCClient.

https://github.com/apache/flume/tree/trunk/flume-ng-sdk/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/api

It looks to me like we need extend the log4j appender to support
FailoverRPCClient.

There is also the log4j2 flume appender which is basically an embedded
agent:

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/appenders.html#FlumeAppender

Brock

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Cameron Gandevia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi
>
> It doesn't seem possible to configure the log4j appender to use sink
> groups without running a flume agent on the node producing the log output.
> We need to support high availability of the logging system and my
> understanding is this is accomplished using sink groups. Am I missing
> something in how you would configure this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Cameron Gandevia

Cameron Gandevia 2012-11-27, 05:55