Hadoop >> mail # dev >> git line endings trouble since recent trunk

Re: git line endings trouble since recent trunk
The problem is due to relnotes.py generating the html containing some CRLF
(from JIRA) and the release manager not using git-svn, which caused the
html with mixed eol getting checked in. The problem would then manifest for
git users due to text=auto in .gitattributes (see HADOOP-8912) that auto
converts CRLF to LF, hence the persistent modified status of the
releasenotes.html for a fresh checkout.

Adding svn:eol-style=native would only fix half the problem. We need to fix
relnotes.py to avoid generating html with mixed eols (by normalizing
everything to LF or native).