HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Two simple question about hadoop 2

Re: Two simple question about hadoop 2
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Yexi Jiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I have two simple questions about hadoop 2 (or YARN).
> 1. When will the stable version of hadoop 2.x come out?

No fixed date yet, but probably later this year. There is a formal
beta that should release soon (2.1.0-beta), which should evolve into a
stable version afterwards.

> 2. We currently have a cluster deployed with hadoop 1.x, is there any way to
> upgrade it to hadoop 2.x without damaging the existing data in current HDFS?

Upgrading to 2.x from 1.x is a supported scenario and does not harm
your HDFS data.

--
Harsh J