Accumulo, mail # dev - On creating tickets & applying patches

On creating tickets & applying patches
John Vines 2013-01-11, 16:53
I've seen a few instances of people creating tickets and immediately
applying patches. In really, really trivial cases this makes sense. But
please, if you have an idea, create a ticket for it first before you start
spending a lot of time on it, because there is always the possibility that
it conflicts with other work or is duplication, etc. Or it just needs to be
discussed. It hasn't happened yet, but I would like to make sure it doesn't
happen, because I'm sure it will certainly end up disenfranchising people.

That is all
John