MapReduce >> mail # user >> custom format

+
Anit Alexander 2012-09-03, 11:00
Re: custom format
Hi,

I found this while trying to see if such a FileFormat or Split already exists:
http://bitsofinfo.wordpress.com/2009/11/01/reading-fixed-length-width-input-record-reader-with-hadoop-mapreduce/

I have certainly not tried it myself, hence can't say if it is
current, etc. But maybe it'll help you in some way.

Thanks
Hemanth

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Anit Alexander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hello user,
>
> I am trying to create a map reduce program which will have splits
> based on a specific length. The content has to be extracted in a way
> such that the newline(\n) or tab(\t) etc characters will be considered
> as a byte and not as a mapper instance. is this possible through
> custom input? if yes, how will i create a custom file split based on a
> specific length value. Any suggestions?
>
> Regards,
> Anit
+