Avro >> mail # dev >> release 1.6.0 soon?

+
Doug Cutting 2011-10-07, 21:11
+
Thiruvalluvan M G 2011-10-08, 04:38
+
Douglas Creager 2011-10-08, 13:06
+
Douglas Creager 2011-10-10, 13:59
Re: release 1.6.0 soon?
> I just opened up JIRA issues for a couple of patches I had queued up on my github branch.  I'll commit them to SVN in the next day or two, unless I hear objections about any of them.

I've checked in all of the changes that I wanted to include in 1.6.0.  Vivek Nadkarni has reported another one that I should probably fix for 1.6.0, but he's included a patch, so that shouldn't take long.

The one issue left to discuss is AVRO-467.  It moves the build system for the C library over from autotools to CMake.  I've been using the CMake scripts myself for quite awhile, and they seem pretty stable.  The patch on AVRO-467 removes the autotools files, and updates the build.sh script (used by the multi-language driver script) to use CMake instead of autotools.  If anyone has the time, can you verify that build.sh works with the patch applied?  If so, we can start using CMake from 1.6.0 onwards.

The build.sh script is set up to build the C library documentation and include it in the source tarball.  The build servers would need to have asciidoc [1] and source-highlight [2] installed for this to work.

[1] http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc
[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite/

cheers
–doug