Hive >> mail # user >> Upper case column names

+
Mayank Bansal 2012-08-14, 15:24
+
Travis Crawford 2012-08-14, 22:10
Re: Upper case column names
Just changing the code is not as easy as it sounds. It sounds like this
will break many things in production for a lot of people.
On Tuesday, August 14, 2012, Travis Crawford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hey Mayank -
> I've looked briefly at case-sensitivity in Hive, and there's a lot of
places where fields are lowercased to normalize. For HCatalog, I'm playing
around with a small patch that makes case-sensitivity optional and it works
if you run queries with Pig/HCat against the metastore. It would be a
pretty large patch to make hive optionally case sensitive though.
> Case sensitive field names as an option certainly would use helpful
though.
> --travis
>
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Mayank Bansal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>

>> The column names in hive are by default case insensitive.
>>
>> I was wondering if there is any way, I could make the column names case
sensitive?

>> I am running a model on a data, the data is now stored in hive, the
model has columns referred in camel case.

>> It would require a lot of effort to change the code of the model, so I
was wondering if I could change my hive schema or anything.

>> Would changing the metastore_db help in someway ?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mayank
>>

>> ________________________________
>> This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential
information. The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)
or entities to which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission,
is prohibited and may be illegal. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the message from your system.

>> Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic
communications are free from viruses. However, given Internet
accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for any virus introduced
by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.

+
Travis Crawford 2012-08-14, 23:38
+