Initially I was skeptical of the change but after seeing how many "context"
objects were being created to solve issues of passing around references
really showed that our API approach was problematic. Using this pattern
allows us to get rid of things like CombineWithContext and the *new*
SideInputAccessor within FileIO. We see the same thing with PipelineOptions
being passed around in "context" objects and will have the same thing occur
with user state.

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Eugene Kirpichov <