Hadoop >> mail # user >> setJarByClass method semantics

setJarByClass method semantics
Hi guys:

What does the setJarByClass method do, if for example ,a given class does
not exist inside of a JAR file?  For example, in the case that we are
running compiled java classes as-is.  I can't imagine what the "Default"
behaviour for such a scenario would be, since the semantics of the method
imply that all hadoop jobs run in the context of a precompiled jar file.

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC