MapReduce >> mail # user >> JobClient using deprecated JobConf

+
Martin Becker 2010-09-22, 09:37
+
Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu 2010-09-22, 09:43
+
Tom White 2010-09-22, 16:29
+
Martin Becker 2010-09-22, 16:59
Re: JobClient using deprecated JobConf
Martin,

Can you give more information about how you compiled and ran your job?
It probably makes sense to open a JIRA
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE) to track this.

Cheers
Tom

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Martin Becker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Hello Tom,
> But could I also use the new API by doing this?:
>    Configuration configuration = new Configuration();
>    Cluster cluster = new Cluster(configuration);
>    Job job = Job.getInstance(cluster);
>    System.exit(job.waitForCompletion(true) ? 0 : 1);
>
> If I do this I get the most peculiar error, telling me:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.addDeprecation(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)V
>
> I looked into the source and this method does exist. I did use the
> precomiled version of the jar files coming with the downloadable MapReduce
> package.
>
> Martin
>
> On 22.09.2010 18:29, Tom White wrote:
>>
>> Note that JobClient, along with the rest of the "old" API in
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapred, has been undeprecated in Hadoop 0.21.0 so
>> you can continue to use it without warnings.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> In 0.21, JobClient methods are available in
>>> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job
>>> and org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Cluster classes.
>>>
>>> On 9/22/10 3:07 PM, "Martin Becker"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hello,
>>>
>>> I am using the Hadoop MapReduce version 0.20.2 and soon 0.21.
>>> I wanted to use the JobClient class to circumvent the use of the command
>>> line interface.
>>> I am noticed that JobClient still uses the deprecated JobConf class for
>>> jib submissions.
>>> Are there any alternatives to JobClient not using the deprecated JobConf
>>> class?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Martin

+