HDFS >> mail # user >> How to setup Cloudera Hadoop to run everything on a localhost?

How to setup Cloudera Hadoop to run everything on a localhost?
I am trying to run all Hadoop servers on a single Ubuntu localhost. All
ports are open and my /etc/hosts file is

127.0.0.1   frigate frigate.domain.local    localhost
::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

When trying to install cluster Cloudera manager fails with the following
messages:

"Installation failed. Failed to receive heartbeat from agent".

I run my Ubuntu-12.04 host from home connected by WiFi/dialup modem to my
provider. What configuration is missing?

Thanks!
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-03-05, 18:59
+