Hadoop, mail # general - Unclear Hadoop 2.1X documentation

Re: Unclear Hadoop 2.1X documentation
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-15, 06:13
On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Mahmoud Al-Ewiwi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Hadoop and i want to learn it in order to do a project.
> I'v started reading the documentation at this site:
>
> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.1.0-beta/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html
>
> for setting a single node, but i could not figure a lot of things in these
> documentation.

For the first timer like yourself, perhaps using a Hadoop distribution
would be the best way to get started. Bigtop offers a 100% community
driven distro, but there are, of course, vendor choices as well.

Here's the info on Bigtop:
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+distribution+from+Bigtop+0.6.0

Thanks,
Roman.